- Have a super small + intimate ceremony! Invite just your parents + close siblings/friends to exchange your vows with one another. Doesn’t have to be anything fancy, just a vow exchange to get back to what matters most about your wedding – your MARRIAGE! A cute park in your hometown, or at your favorite beach down the road, or even just in your backyard! All you need is each other (and an officiant and photographer lol) to keep your original date your wedding day. Reschedule your reception later on (maybe with a vow renewal in one year) and then you can say you have TWO wedding days- how cool is that?!
- Don’t want to have a small ceremony but still want to celebrate your relationship? Plan a photoshoot with your photographer!! The perfect way to still honor your date, create a meaningful day and have cute photos! Have a cute picnic at the park, an in home shoot, or just a chic downtown session. Pick something that truly represents your relationship and you truly can’t go wrong!
- After your photoshoot, stay all dressed up and have a fancy date night together! Get some chocolate covered strawberries and champagne and celebrate each other! You don’t have to go out to a nice restaurant and can just cook a nice meal together at home! I always love browsing pinterest for some new yummy recipes we haven’t tried yet!
- Invite your closest family members and friends over to just relax and spend time with each other! Maybe everyone can bring a yummy dessert, or play some games together (my family’s go-to is Catch Phrase and it NEVER gets old!) Just spending time with your loved ones will still make your day feel special and memorable.
- Write love letters to each other (or your vows!) to read to each other either that night or on your one year anniversary (I love this idea, even if you don’t have to reschedule your wedding!
- Start a new tradition! Each year on *blank* day, you two will always do *blank* to celebrate each other and your marriage! Can be something big like a weekend trip away, or something small like cook a super specific fancy recipe together. Whatever it is, choose something meaningful and personal to you guys so your day is still so so special.
- Give each other a gift. Something personal and sentimental that will mean a lot to them. Maybe even the gift you were planning to give on your actual wedding day!
- Invite your bridal party over for a wedding day dinner or brunch! It will be so fun to still celebrate with your closest friends and still do something wedding themed!
- Order your wedding cake or cupcakes and have the best dessert!!
- Put on your favorite romantic song and practice your first dance in your living room!
- Even if you just hang out in your PJs watching Friends or the Office all day, whatever you choose to do and how you spend your original wedding day together will still be meaningful and create a great memory together. ❤
Want some more cute date ideas for you and bae? Check out 50 in home date night ideas for some other great ways to spend time together while social distancing and staying safe!